School Ethos & Aims
Our Head Teacher and the entire staff team will provide your child with opportunities to enjoy a happy, hardworking and successful start to their education.
Our goal is to raise achievement for each and every one of our children through our school vision statement: ‘Nurturing and Inspiring young minds towards a brighter future.” We achieve a great deal of success by forming a partnership with our children, our families, our staff and our governors, all working together within the local community. Many parents are generous with their time, helping the children and saving costs. They work in classrooms, maintain our library or use skills such as gardening or sports. It all helps.
Our home-school agreement, the Parkside Partnership, explains what we expect of you and what you can expect of us in return.
We positively promote the values, virtues and ethics that underpin the British values of democracy, the rule of law, individual liberty, mutual respect and tolerance of those of different faiths and beliefs as outlined by the Government of 2013.
To succeed at Parkside, your child will need:
- The self-discipline to work hard
- The ability to work well with staff and other pupils
- The support of your family for their work and for the school
We all share a strong interest in education and a strong commitment to the Parkside community.
We aim to:
- Provide our children with role model leadership
- Provide professional, non-biased teaching methods to encourage the best response from children
- Develop from within the child their true potential
- Have great expectations of pupils’ ability to achieve their full potential regardless of their gender, race, religion, background or disability
- Develop self-esteem; respect for others and their views; moral values and religious beliefs; and value tolerance and diversity and incorporate British values
- Prioritise the welfare of young people and are committed to child protection and safeguarding procedures
We believe that all children:
- Learn best in a caring, stimulating and exciting environment
- Need to feel secure and safe
- Need to experience trust
- Need to experience success and to be valued
- Need to learn social, academic and moral skills to enable them to live in a constantly changing society
- Should learn to be flexible enough to enable them to adapt to changing circumstances
Throughout the school:
- to provide high standards of academic and personal development
- to improve the quality of services for families
- to achieve these aims in partnership with the local community