Hello Year 6,
Thank you for the work we are receiving by email. We love to see what you are achieving at home and are pleased with your efforts.
PE: As usual we would like you to start the day with some physical activity. You could tune into Joe Wicks at 9am on his YouTube channel for his daily workout, or if you want to have a go at something different, you could make up your own exercise routine for your family to follow!
English: We are going to continue to do some work around the film ‘The Present’ which you watched yesterday.
Watch the film here: https://vimeo.com/152985022
Today we would like you to write a short play script which shows that conversation between Mum and the pet shop owner when she is picking which puppy to buy. Perhaps she tells the shop keeper why she wants that specific puppy. Maybe she was thinking about buying her son a different pet, then saw the puppy. Make sure your play script is punctuated properly and is fun and interesting to read.
Reading: Read chapter 2 of ‘Nightfall on the Somme’ then answer the multiple-choice questions. Both have been set as a 2Do. Then see if you an have a go at these open-ended questions. Remember to refer back to the text to help you answer them.
Maths: We are finding pairs of values today.
Watch the clip and then answer the questions below. When you have finished you can use the answers to mark your work – but no peeking at the answers until you are finished!
This week we are going to be setting some activities set around the theme of ‘The Jungle’
Each afternoon, pick one of these activities to complete. Some of the activities may take longer than 1 afternoon:
- Research a weird and wonderful animal that lives in the rainforest. Create a face file on this animal (could be a poster or a leaflet). Include information such as: what it looks like, its life cycle, what it eats, how it catches its prey, where it lives (trees, forest floor) and some interesting facts about it.
- This jungle painting below was created by Henri Rousseau and is called Surprised. In this picture a tiger crouches low in thick jungle foliage, its back arched and teeth bared. It is not entirely clear what is happening: is the tiger cowering from the flash of lightning, or is it stalking prey?
- Watch this clip from the national gallery and see if you can create your own collage based on this picture following the steps shown: https://www.nationalgallery.org.uk/paintings/henri-rousseau-surprised
- Write your own descriptive jungle setting using this word mat to help you with your vocabulary:Jungle descriptions word mat
- Design and make a jungle style cushion. Use felt or different fabrics to create your cushion. You will need to stuff your cushion when finished with some soft padding to complete it.
- Create some jungle animal masks to wear.
- Create your own jungle landscape in a shoebox.
Remember to email us your finished work.
Have a good day.
Mr Wanless and Miss Wood