Good Morning Year 6,
PE: Start the day with some physical activity. You can tune in to Joe Wicks at 9am on his YouTube channel for his daily workout or do any physical activity of your choice.
English: Watch the film Francis again: https://www.literacyshed.com/francis.html
We would like you to create a comic strip retelling the story. You can either do this on a sheet of paper or we have set a comic strip task as a 2Do on Purple Mash if you would prefer to use that as a template.
Reading: Read chapter 3 of ‘Where Sea Eagles Fly’ then answer the multiple-choice questions. Both have been set as a 2Do. Then have a go at the SPAG activity below, linked to the chapter.
Maths: Today we are using scale factors.
Watch the clip and then answer the questions below. When you have finished you can use the answers to mark your work – but no peeking at the answers until you are finished!
In school, we have been discussing our new secondary schools. We would like you to create a list of questions that you would like to ask your new Head of Year 7. These questions may include things that you are worried about, or may be about your new classes and routines.
World War II Project:
Over the next few weeks, we are going to learn about World War II. Each week we will set a variety of activities for you to pick from. Some of these activities may take you longer than an afternoon so you don’t have to do them all.
1. Research and draw the flags of some of the countries involved in World War II. Are the same flags used for these countries today?
2. Research the planes that were used during World War II.
3. Research some rationing recipes and have a go making something delicious to eat.
4. Research the leaders of the different countries involved in the war. Create a fact file on them or draw their portraits.
5. Research and write a report about the ‘Battle of Britain’
Remember to send us photos of your work!
Have a lovely day.
Mr Wanless and Miss Wood