Good Morning Year 6, Friday is finally here which also means that your Easter break is just around the corner too.
PE: Remember to keep active so continue to support and join in with Jo Wicks PE sessions from 9am. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8o8wMgAT-Y – I am going to try and record one myself today, following one of your instructions, so look out for my PE Warm-up online.
Literacy: Free write – Today I want you to write to Miss Wood or myself, I want you to write about what it has been like over the past two weeks, without being at a Parkside, without having your normal routine, without being able to see your friends and maybe even some of your family members. I will also share what it has been like for me during the past couple of weeks without being in the classroom.
SPaG: I would like to switch your focus back to Grammar today with a mini SPaG test, you can work through it with your parents or if you want to test yourself, by all means do it independently. I have attached the answers too, so you can mark it afterwards.
Friday’s Scavenger hunt: Last week I loved seeing the videos of you hunting around your houses so today I have made another one, but this time you have to solve the riddle before you get the item. Happy hunting!
Scavenger hunt with a twist…actually a riddle.
- I have four legs, but I don’t have feet.
I come in handy when it’s time to eat.
- My job is to put an end to sleep,
Which I do with music, a buzz, or a beep.
- For fast heating or cooking, I am tops.
And, oh, that good smell when my popcorn pops!
- I’m packed really full of boxes and cans.
I may hold a bottle or a packet or a dustpan.
- I can take you to places you’ve never seen,
But first type your password in on my screen.
- I’m loaded and unloaded, but I’m not a truck.
Having a helper like me is a great piece of luck.
- I rain on you when you need a scrub.
I’m very much like my friend the tub.
- I make it possible to have fresh food.
Everyone agrees I’m one cool dude.
- Watching your favorites is lots of fun.
But don’t watch too much! Kids need to run.
- I never get angry but I do get hot.
I’m the perfect place for a pan or a pot.
- It’s my job to give all your clothes a tumble,
Which I do while making a bit of a rumble.
- I have a round knob and also a lock.
Visitors and salesmen may give me a knock.
- I’m one part chair and one part bed.
Up with your feet and down with your head. (May not have one in your house but you could improvise)
- I take your clothes for quite a spin.
But first, they get wet. That’s how I begin.
- I’m filled with feathers or other soft fluff.
To sleep without me can be quite tough.
- Turn me on and I’ll give you a light.
I’m used some in the daytime but mostly at night.
- A story, they say, can take you away,
But a book still needs a place to stay.
- I have drawers and also a nice flat top.
For homework I’m helpful — Keep working. Don’t stop!
- I’m hungry! I’m hungry! Please feed me a slice.
I’ll spit it back out all brown and nice.
- I’m not a selfie, but I do show faces.
Find me in bathrooms and a few other places.
- Adults have this when they first wake
And at other times when they need a break.
- Most every day, you step on me.
All I require is a bend of your knee.
- I’m paper, but I’m not used for writing a letter.
The spot by your potty suits me much better!
- I have hands but no arms and also a face.
And my hands always move at the same steady pace.
- I may have eyes but I really can’t see.
People love to make fries out of me.
- The more I dry, the wetter I get.
A little one can be used for soaking up sweat.
- I hold all the words you need to know.
Use me to make your vocabulary grow.
- I’m never wicked, but I do have a wick.
I come in all sizes, from skinny to thick.
Reading: Finish Chapter 2 and all the tasks in our online reading of Suffrajitsus.
Over Easter if you would like to finish the story or even today please do.
Maths: I have one more Mental Arithmetic activity for you to complete, answers are at the end, so you can mark it when you have finished. Did you beat your score from yesterday? Are there any questions, you still feel unsure about? Let Miss Wood or Myself know.
Have a great day and a lovely Easter with your families.
Mr Wanless and Miss Wood
P.S Attached below are some Easter activities you can do at home.