Good morning Year 5!
What a busy week you have had! Can you believe it’s Friday already? It’s almost the weekend and we hope you will take time to play, rest and relax with your family.
Here are some activities for you to complete at home today.
Try our Mental Maths Challenge:
As an added challenge set yourself a time challenge and see how long it takes you to complete it.
Use the answers below to check your work – no peeking before you have completed the questions!
blue, glue, clue, true, flute, tune, use, excuse
Group 2 and 3:
possible, grammar, opposite, through, ordinary, particular, possession, separate, special, remember, different, believe.
Visit Purple Mash to find your spelling test for the words you have been set this week. Good luck!
Read the short story attached called ‘Kidnapped’. Then have a go at answering the 6 questions we have set for you about the story. All the answers can be found in the text!
This term you have been learning about materials and their properties.
Choose from these questions and fill in the table:
- Why is metal used to make cooking pans?
- Why might I find metal in my breakfast cereal?
- Why is metal used for power cables?
- What if a frying pan was made of plastic?
- Why is metal used to make drawing pins, or staples?
- What if a cymbal was made of glass?
- How can metal help to close the fridge door?
You have been learning about the Artist Picasso.
Watch this video https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/clips/zwyr87h.
It is a dramatised autobiography of Picasso, showing his painting and sketches and talking about the inspiration for his work.
Choose one of the activities below:
- Get photos of different people from magazines, newspapers, whatever you can find around the home, cut out parts of their faces – eyes, noses and mouths and stick them altogether to make a new face.
- Draw a portrait of a member of your household in the style of Picasso.
Make sure you take regular work breaks! This website has 5 minute videos that you can follow to keep you active!
or visit The Body Coach – P.E. with Joe at 9 a.m.
Keep in touch – remember any work you have completed can be emailed to us to be marked. This can be typed work or a photo.
Please email Friday’s work to Mrs Parmar and Miss Castell to be marked.
Mrs Samways, Miss Castell and Mrs Parmar