Happy Wednesday Year 5!
Here are some activities for you to complete at home today.
Here’s a little something to get your brain warmed up this morning!
bought, thought, brought, fought, rough, enough, tough, cough, although, dough
Group 2 and 3:
The noun ends with ‘ce’ and the verb ends with ‘se’!
advice, advise, device, devise, licence, license, practice, practise
Can you use the pyramid strategy to practise each of your spellings today?
Task 1: Can you multiply and divide by multiples of 10? This is a 2Do on Purple Mash today.
Task 2: You are going to continue learning about percentages and decimals this week. Today you are going to focus on adding decimal numbers with the same number of decimal places.
Watch the video using this link: https://vimeo.com/428001477
Complete the activity:
You are going to continue reading the book called ‘The Lost Myth of Mathos’.
Today we would like you to read Chapter 3 and complete the online quiz. This has been set as a 2Do on Purple Mash for you.
Task 1: In Chapter 3 of The Lost Myth of Mathos, we were introduced to the Kraken – a colossal sea creature. Imagine you have just sighted an unusual mythical creature for the very first time. Write a detailed description of everything you saw and heard. Use the template on Purple Mash. This is a 2Do for you to complete today.
- What sounds did the creature make?
- Describe the body parts of the mythical creature
- Describe it’s size – compare it to something you see everyday
- Describe the way it moved
- What colour is the creature? Don’t just state its colour, but include adjectives and a simile.
We are going to set you a project for the week, focused around the theme of ‘The Ocean and its wildlife’.
- Choose an animal a day, do some research about it and choose a way to present it (a fact file, poster, information text, leaflet etc)
- Aim to include an image of your animal, and include a caption in each piece of work.
- Suggested animals to research (or you can think of some of your own) :
- Blue whale
- Whale shark
- Manta Ray
- Lion’s Mane Jelly Fish
- Spider Crab
- Leatherback Turtle
- Rockhopper Penguin
- Coconut Octopus
- What kind of animal is it?
- Describe its appearance
- Where does it live?
- What does it eat? How does it catch/get its food?
- Include an interesting fact or 2!
Keep in touch – remember any work you have completed can be emailed to us to be marked. This can be typed work or a photo.
Mrs Samways and Miss Castell