Good morning Year 4!
Here are some activities that you can complete at home today:
Have a look at the three challenges and choose which one you feel is the best one for you to complete. You can complete more than one if you would like.
Challenge 1: Number bonds to 10
Challenge 2: Dividing by 10
Challenge 3: Dividing by 10, 100 and 1000
Read the text below and highlight word which are made up for this story. Then create a glossary to explain what you think the meaning of these words are. There are examples at the end of the page, please look at them.
Task: Use a dictionary (you can use the dictionary online too) to find definitions for your spelling words.
Watch the Newsround special film: ‘Whose side are you on?’
- How was Liam being bullied?
- How did Jack react to what he saw?
- Whose side was Jack on?
- Why did Jack not help Liam at first? What was he worried about?
- What did Jack do in the end to help Liam?
- What else could he have done?
Why might someone not do anything to help?
How might they feel?
Create a poster using one of these slogans:
- ‘Don’t stand by, stand up’
- ‘Stand up against bullying’
- ‘Action against bullying’
Any work you have completed at home today can be sent to us to be marked. This can be typed work or a photograph. Either way, it will be great to see the work you are completing today.
Keep in touch and stay safe.