Good morning everyone,
We hope you are doing well and looking after yourselves.
Please remember to keep in touch with us using our emails, we will be checking them on a regular basis and are here to help if you need us:
Look after yourself and have a lovely day!
See below for the tasks we would like your child to complete today:
Home Learning for Wednesday 6th May 2020:
Complete Lesson Three – Divide 2-digit by 1-digit number on White Rose (Summer Term – Week Three) – https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
You will see that there is a short video that you can watch with your child and an activity to download and complete (I will also attach a downloaded version below). You will also see that there are answers attached if you would like to assess your child’s understanding.
Please email the completed work to your child’s teacher.
Have a go at these multiplication games:
Practice your times-tables speed with the 2do set on Purple Mash.
Task One: Watch the learning screen that has been set on Education City (Mystery Island). This learning screen will teach you the dos and don’ts of using nouns and pronouns.
Task Two: complete the Mystery Island Task Sheet that is attached below.
Task Three: use the writing prompt to write a story (there is a checklist to help you attached). Make sure that in your story you include your learning of nouns and pronouns.
Extra: complete the game Mystery Island that has been set on Education City.
Reread Chapter 5 of Animal Boy which is available to read on Purple Mash.
Complete the SPAG activity that is attached below.
Remember to read your own book everyday (reading helps us develop fantastic language for our own writing!)
These are going to be your spelling words to learn this week:
antiseptic, anticlockwise, antisocial, antidote, antibiotic, antivenom, anti-ageing, antifreeze, antiperspirant, antigravity
NB: On Friday, test your child on how they have done with learning to spell these words.
Task One – complete the handwriting task that is attached below (it is important that we are still working on our handwriting and using joined writing in our work).
NB: if you can’t print the work out then complete your handwriting practice in a book of your choice.
Task Two – use your spelling words in sentences (there are 10 words so you will need to write 10 sentences).
Afternoon Learning Activities:
These tasks are a mix of Science, Art, PE, PSHE and RE. Choose at least TWO tasks to complete from the list below:
- Create a fact file about a deadly predator. Draw pictures of the predator and label them with information you find out.
- Where does the predator live?
- Why does it live there?
- What does it eat?
- How does it capture its prey?
- What special qualities do these predators have?
- Explore the artist Franz Marc. Find out who he was and what type of artist he was.
- What did he like to create pictures?
Look at some of his paintings online. Then choose an animal to draw and add colour to, in a similar style to his.
- What do they think of his paintings?
- Did they like their finished piece of artwork? Why?/Why not?
- Get out into the garden and make a bug hotel. Go on a mini beast hunt and record what you find. If you find any minibeasts you haven’t seen before you could always look it up online.
- What can you find out about these amazing creatures?
- Find out which animals are your family members’ favourites and why.
- Have a family debate about whether zoos should exist?
- Discuss whether you agree/disagree and why?
- Do your family members have a different opinion to you?
- Why not debate whether animals should be kept as pets?
- Which animals are considered to be sacred around the world and why?
- Who admires cows? Lions? Wolves?
- Which animals were important to the Egyptians and why?
Miss Daglish and Mrs Banton