Friday 3rd July 2020
Good morning Year 4,
We wish you a happy fun day of learning. Please email us work that you complete. Our email addresses are below.
If you have any questions, please email us as we will be accessing our emails throughout the school day:
See below for the tasks we would like your child to complete today:
Complete the challenge below.
Home Learning for Friday 3rd July 2020:
Friday is challenge day.
Please email the completed work to your child’s teacher.
Please continue to practise your times tables with the 2do set on Purple Mash.
In this lesson you are going to plan and write an adventure story.
Click on the link below
Throughout the lesson you will need to complete the following tasks:
- Introductory quiz
- Watch a video
- Worksheet online
- Final quiz
All these tasks can be found by using the link
Read Chapter 5 of A sheep dip in India (the story has been set on Purple Mash for the week).
Use the template set as a 2Do to prepare a debate about whether or not humans should go for rides on elephants.
Remember to read your own book everyday.
These are your spelling words to learn this week:
particular, ordinary, medicine, notice, often, occasion, occasionally, learn, island, history
NB: Today please test your child on how they have done with learning to spell the words.
Task: Complete the activity below
Theme ‘The Rainforest’.
- Choose an animal, do some research about it and choose a way to present it (a fact file, poster, information text, leaflet etc)
- Aim to include an image of your animal, and include a caption in each piece of work.
- Suggested animals to research (or you can think of some of your own) :
- Emerald Tree Boe constrictor
- Red-eyed Frog
- Harpy Eagle
- Poison Dart Frog
- What kind of animal is it?
- Describe its appearance
- Where does it live?
- What does it eat? How does it catch/get its food?
- Include an interesting fact or 2!
This week is Children’s Art Week. Recreate a famous artist’s piece using natural materials.
Have a fun day of learning
Mrs Banton and Miss Daglish