Welcome to Wednesday, Year 3!
When a prefix is added to the front of a word it can change its meaning. Match the prefix to the root word.
Prefix Root Word
Using yesterday’s chart, answer the following questions:
- Which colour was the second favourite?
- Which two colours had the difference of 1 vote?
- How many more children voted red than blue?
- How many children were asked what their favourite colour was?
- Write the colours in order from most to least favourite.
- Which colours received over 5 votes?
This week, we are focusing on Hinduism and their special places of worship. A mandir is a Hindu place of worship. The word mandir means ‘gladdening’. Mandirs do not all look the same on the outside, as their design is influenced by the country, culture and society as well as the religion. Prambanan is the largest temple in Indonesia. The Meenakshi Amman Temple is one of the most important Indian Hindu temples, with 14 towers! Worshipping at the mandir is a special time to be together with other Hindus. Mandirs are seen as a place where heaven meets the Earth, so many mandirs are tall buildings, like mountains reaching up into the sky.
Your task today is to compare the similarities and differences between Hindu temples in India and the UK. Draw a chart like the one below and bullet point what you find out.
Take care and stay safe,