Good Morning year 3,
I usually post work today from the pieces I receive, however, this week I haven’t received enough so I will post work from this week on next week’s post.
Add ‘an’ or ‘a’ to these nouns in the ___ parts of each sentence:
- Nikki looked out ___ window and saw ___ Blue Jay.
- It was ___ amazing sight to see ___ tree had turned orange.
- Mr Salinski walked over to ___owl’s nest and saw it had ___ collection of purple eggs inside.
- The town’s people had ____ huge surprise when they stepped out and saw ___ elephant sitting on their blue lawn.
- The Blue Jay sat in ____ cage and sang ___ beautiful song.
Here are some aliens with different heights- their heights are in cm. Use the information about the aliens to answer the following questions.
Remember that the ‘difference’ means the amount between them. For example; if Azobi is 29cm and Crooji is 40cm there is a difference of 11cm between them because 40-29= 11.
- Add the height of Exacta, Crooji and Druba together.
- Who is the tallest?
- Who is the shortest?
- What is the difference between the shortest and tallest alien?
- Add the height of Stillis, Tinius and Awiba.
- What is the difference between Pinkata and Quistin?
As part of our RE is looking at Islam, today I would like you to read the information below about the month of Ramadan and the traditions which are associated with this special time.
If you have a printer, complete some mindful colouring around Ramadan using these sheets: Ramadan Colouring pages
The Anglo-Saxons had very different punishments for crimes compared to our legal system now. They were a lot more brutal and didn’t have prisons to send criminals as we do now. Here are some of the punishments which existed during Anglo-Saxon Britain:
Gross and gory… right?
Well, today’s task is for you to imagine you are in Anglo-Saxon Britain, below are some crimes which you need to give a punishment for from the list above.
- A man stole a sheep from another man’s farm.
- A woman set fire to a church.
- A child teased a neighbour then ran off.
- A woman was chanting a spell to curse a neighbour.
Take care and stay safe,