Results from the Parent Questionnaire November 2018
|1||My child likes school||58%||39%||2%||1%||0%|
|3=||My child is making good progress||44%||52%||2%||1%||1%|
|3=||Teaching at Parkside is good||51%||45%||1%||1%||3%|
|6=||I am kept informed about how my child is getting on||44%||48%||0%||4%||4%|
|2||The school gives me information about events and activities||59%||38%||2%||1%||0%|
|5=||The school seeks the views of parents and takes account of their suggestions and concerns||56%||37%||5%||0%||2%|
|7=||I feel comfortable about approaching the school with questions or a problem or a complaint||55%||36%||4%||0%||5%|
|10||I find it easy to contact my child’s teacher||58%||29%||3%||1%||9%|
|4||Staff expect my child to work hard and do his or her best||57%||38%||3%||0%||2%|
|12||Most children behave well||29%||45%||8%||3%||15%|
|6=||Staff encourage my child to become mature and independent||48%||44%||1%||0%||7%|
|7=||The school provides appropriate homework||43%||48%||5%||1%||3%|
|11||My child is not bullied at school||41%||40%||9%||0%||9%|
|8||There is a good range of activities that my child finds interesting and enjoyable||28%||62%||2%||0%||8%|
|5=||I feel welcome in the school and am encouraged to take part in school activities and events||51%||42%||0%||0%||7%|
|5=||The school is led and managed well||49%||44%||2%||1%||4%|
|9||NURSERY and RECEPTION PARENTS ONLY –
The arrangements for my child to settle into their new class were good.
Areas of Strength
- 98 questionnaires were completed over two evenings
- Every response had an answer of STRONGLY AGREE or AGREE of over 70%
- The top three answers were in response to your child liking school, the way the school communicates with you about events and activities and that teaching at Parkside is good.
- Staff expect your child to work hard and do their best and that you feel welcomed in the school and that the school is well managed.
Areas for Development
- Whilst the bottom three answers have answers between 74% and 87% and range in content from bullying to being able to access your child’s teacher this is a fair set of results.
- Our new PSHCE scheme is addressing the concerns raised in the questionnaire around bullying and steps have been taken to improve the children’s behaviour at lunchtime. Children are reminded constantly about their behaviour around the building and the atmosphere is very purposeful in classrooms.
- If you require access to child’s teacher please do make an appointment through the school office or catch them at drop off before school or when you collect. They will always be available.
Thank you to everyone who completed the questionnaire. We will send out another one on the Summer term.
We invite you to register your views about the school on the Ofsted website at the following link: