What is Prevent Strategy?
Different schools will carry out the Prevent duty in different ways, depending on the age of the children and the needs of the community.
Many of the things we already do in school to help children become positive, happy members of society also contribute to the Prevent Strategy.
Include information about your school’s approach here, for example:
- Exploring other cultures and religions and promoting diversity
- Challenging prejudices and racist comments
- Developing critical thinking skills and a strong, positive self-identity
- Promoting the spiritual, moral, social and cultural development of pupils, as well as British values such as democracy
- Protecting children from the risk of radicalisation, such as using filters on the internet or vetting visitors who come to school