Have you ever eaten a packet of crisps and wondered what to do with the wrapper?
What you need:
- Plastic (not foil) crisp packet – try a supermarket own brand, Chipsticks or Space Raiders
- Washing up liquid
- Paper towel / dish cloth
- Baking tray
- Oven glove
- AND AN ADULT
Ask an adult for help using an oven.
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Celsius.
- Eat your crisps.
- Clean your crisp packet using water and washing up liquid.
- Dry the crisp packet.
- Cover the bottom of the baking tray with foil.
- Put the crisp packet on the foil and put the baking tray in the oven.
- Leave the crisp packet for two to three minutes.
- Ask an adult to take the baking tray out of the oven – make sure they use an oven glove!
What has happened to the crisp packet?
Let me know your results and for some scientific explanation check on: