COVID – 19 UPDATE
The school has received a high volume of calls since we retuned on September 4th. NHS guidance makes it very clear that if your child shows symptoms of ANY ONE OF THE FOLLOWING you need to take them for a test as soon as possible.
- a high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
Most people with coronavirus have at least 1 of these symptoms.
What to do if you have symptoms
If you have any of the main symptoms of coronavirus:
- get a test to check if you have coronavirus as soon as possible
- stay at home and do not have any visitors until you get your test result – ONLY LEAVE YOUR HOME TO HAVE A TEST
ANYONE YOU LIVE WITH, AND ANYONE IN YOUR SUPPORT BUBBLE, MUST ALSO STAY AT HOME UNTIL YOU GET YOURSELF A RESULT
HOW TO BOOK A TEST
PLEASE FOLLOW THE GUIDANCE VERY CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT WE KEEP EVERYONE SAFE